Monday, February 1, 2010

Loving You


I love February. Valentine's Day is my absolute favorite holiday, and I've only had one Valentine in my whole life. I love going to the stores and everything is pink and red. I love things that sparkle. I love the chance to be naughty and the opportunity to share your feelings. I just love when we spread love, and if the holiday is our excuse to be loving, I don't think Valentine's Day comes often enough.

We spend so much of our time trying to analyze love. We sing about it, we read about how to find it, we fall in and out of it. Love makes us do crazy things. We want a job we love, a partner we love, a life we love, things we love. We define love with different traits. Love is power. Love is peace. Love is happiness. Love is loyalty.

At what point does love simply become YOU?

"I found God in myself. And I loved her. I loved her fiercely." -Ntozake Shange

As I tried to analyze the quote and come up with something poiniant to say afterward, I realized it can stand alone. Just wanted to share. Happy Love Season.

Those cookies were made and decorated by my love Neela Balkissoon. Yep I wanna wife her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment