Saturday, April 3, 2010

Discovering the Recipe for Sugar

At what point does one say they've "made it?" Life throws so many curve balls that often the plan I intended to follow isn't the same as the one I end up seeing through. I believe one of the biggest components of success is opportunism. I've learned that I have limited control over the path laid before me, and I can be nice to people and put out all the positive energy in the world I want, but truly whatever will be will come to me. I've just got to learn to maximize all opportunities and "make it" with what's being thrown at me.

When I scrolled through the pdf I have of The 50th Law of Power, this lesson literally jumped out at me. I couldn't ignore it. I believe the universe gives you exactly what you need at exactly the right time.

Lesson 3:: Turn Shit into Sugar — Opportunism::
Every negative situation contains the possibility for something positive, an opportunity. It is how you look at it that matters. Your lack of resources can be an advantage, forcing you to be more inventive with the little that you have. Losing a battle can allow you to frame yourself as the sympathetic underdog.

Do not let fears make you wait for a better moment or become conservative. If there are circumstances you cannot control, make the best of them. It is the ultimate alchemy to transform all such negatives into advantages and power.

Knowledge right?!? This is sometimes the hardest thing for me to put into action. I mean when shit gets bad, it's really bad. However, if we've got more life to live let's live it by milking everything dry.

Take for example Elliot Spitzer's mistress Ashley Dupree. Or everyone's mistress Kat Stacks. Or even the visually appealing Kim Kardashian. The shit they got into would be getting caught. The sugar is parlaying their scandals into mega media money. I mean sure these women aren't exactly perfect role models for 8yr old girls everywhere, but honestly if they can make sugar out of that shit, then anything must be fair game.

I've never heard a story from any maven that made it with ease. There's always some sort of rocky terrain. I just always assumed that if I did everything the right way I would never struggle. Then real life reminded me that I am not exempt from the ways of the world I live. I've got to make my own recipe for sugar with the shit I've got. Opportunism is challenging, but I've got a bit of a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment