Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things I'm Loving Right Now: Friday Night Lights by J Cole

I'm a mixtape girl. I don't like the music the labels choose to release. As soon as I listened to "Too Deep for the Intro" I was hooked on J Cole's art. Download it as soon as you can.

At my office we had a heated debate about which breakout rapper was better: J Cole or Wiz Khalifa. We were three against one in favor of Wiz. To me, J Cole is the better lyricist. Hands down, I want to listen to J Cole's words moreso than the weed man's Jay-Z. But as a total product, I'm more interested in Wiz. He has a signature sound, and seems more relatable as a talent. J Cole is signed to Roc Nation, which seems to be a golden ticket to a lasting career. I'm still straddling the fence on this situation.

Although J Cole is sexier, because I've never been into skinny guys, he seems to dislike weave wearing girls with acrylic nails. When I get an interview with him, I intend to get to the bottom of that. Compare the lyrical content for yourself.



J Cole -- Who Dat (not on mixtape)



vs. Wiz Khalifa -- Black and Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment