Sunday, March 14, 2010

Help is HERE


I took this picture...
...because I saw this picture...


And it was the least I could do. I wasn't asked to be in the new "We Are the World" despite my amazing Lady Gaga renditions. And my daddy didn't give me 10 stacks and Nicki Minaj for my sweet sixteen. However I am still a citizen of the world and had to do my part. My dear friend James Holder is raising $10,000 (take that Diddy) in donations to Haiti through his amazingly selfless fundraiser called JKH2 is HERE (Haitian Earthquake Relief Effort). All we have to do is donate a minimum of $50 to either Red Cross or Yele Haiti, and then log onto www.jkh2ishere.org and sign up. Here's a flyer for you visual learners.



Stunning picture, right? Such a charitable steal.

I can't make the situation in Haiti any more relatable to you than it already should be. Imagine, we are the lucky ones. So put the shoes down, and imagine that same $50 going to helping feed a family tonight. Plus, I like looking at pictures of myself. Thanks for the header, James.


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the pub Shelby. Take that, take that, take that! I'm just trying to do what I can to get people involved and help in the relief efforts of the greatest natural catastrophe of our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that! Glad to be one of the participants!

    ReplyDelete